Meet Dr. Bernadette Wang-Ashraf
Female Plastic Surgeon in Atlanta
Dr. Bernadette Wang-Ashraf is a leading board certified plastic surgeon in Atlanta, Georgia with the highest level of experience in the areas of breast surgery, body contouring, aesthetic facial surgery, and cancer reconstruction. Her skills, plus her gentle and sophisticated manner, has won her the respect of her long list of patients. After joining Atlanta’s first all-female plastic surgery practice in December 2001, Dr. Wang-Ashraf opened a second office in May 2002, Johns Creek Plastic Surgery, to better meet the needs of her patients.
Dr. Wang-Ashraf has admitting privileges at Northside Hospital, Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Emory Dunwoody Hospital, and North Fulton Hospital. She is a member of the Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association and the Atlanta Women’s Medical Alliance.
After graduating summa cum laude with a B.S. in computer science at Purdue University in 1988, Dr. Wang-Ashraf received her M.D. at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 1992, where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha national medical honor society. After medical school, Dr. Ashraf trained in general surgery and plastic surgery at the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital, followed by a fellowship in hand and micro-surgery at the Raymond Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
After her training, Dr. Wang-Ashraf took an academic position where she mentored and taught the residents in the Emory University plastic surgery residency program. She left Emory to join Dr. Diane Alexander at Artisan Plastic Surgery. Dr. Wang-Ashraf has published numerous articles and book chapters on breast cancer reconstruction. Her work has been presented at national and international plastic surgery conferences.
Dr. Wang-Ashraf is married to Dr. Farooq Ashraf, a very successful ophthalmologist who specializes in LASIK vision correction surgery. They have three young daughters who take up a lot of their time. Dr. Wang-Ashraf also enjoys painting, gardening, playing piano, and traveling abroad in her spare time.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science from Purdue University in 1988, Summa Cum Laude
- Medical Doctorate from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 1992
- Residencies for General Surgery and Plastic Surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at Raymond Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore, MD
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (2014)
- On-Time Doctor Award, Vitals.com (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, Vitals.com (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Patients’ Choice Award, Vitals.com (2016, 2017, 2018)
To learn more about Dr. Wang-Ashraf or the cosmetic services we offer at Artisan Plastic Surgery, please contact one of our Atlanta offices today.