Dermal Fillers in Atlanta
At Artisan Plastic Surgery, we personalize your facial rejuvenation treatment plan to meet your needs. We understand that not everyone is ready for surgery, nor is surgery always the best option to achieve a patient’s goals. In fact, dermal fillers are among the very best options we have to reduce facial wrinkles, subtly enhance features, and restore volume lost due to the normal aging process. The results can be accomplished with little to no downtime. Our patients tell us time and time again that they love the natural outcomes our surgeons achieve, and we love seeing our patients happy and confident in their appearance.see more patient reviews stars
The office and staff are top notch. From consult to follow up visits my experience was an absolute pleasure. I would highly recommend trusting this team for any of your cosmetic needs!
Dermal filler basics
As we age, our skin and facial tissues produce collagen at a slower rate. This leads to volume loss, which shows up in the form of wrinkles, thinning features, and skin laxity. Dermal fillers work by replacing lost volume, helping to plump the skin, smooth out lines and wrinkles, and restore a more youthful overall appearance.
Fillers can achieve wonderful improvements on their own, or enhance the results of other facial procedures, such as facelift surgery, laser skin resurfacing, or Botox injections. Each treatment takes about 15 to 30 minutes to perform. Depending on the area, fillers can last between six months to two years.
If you are preparing for special occasion, plan to book your injectable filler treatment one month prior. This will allow time for any touch ups if necessary.
Your dermal filler options at Artisan Plastic Surgery
We offer a variety of popular, FDA approved dermal filler products to best meet our patients’ needs. Each product is slightly different in consistency and formula, which makes certain fillers better suited to certain purposes. Our experienced plastic surgeons can help you select the right filler for your specific goals at your consultation.
Juvéderm is one of the most popular and widely recognized filler collections. All Juvéderm formulas are gels made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance already found in the body that hydrates and provides volume and elasticity to skin cells. One benefit of hyaluronic acid fillers is that they are reversible—we can adjust or undo the effects by injecting an enzyme that dissolves the filler.
- Juvéderm® Ultra: This is the “classic” Juvéderm® gel, which is excellent for smoothing nasolabial folds, smile lines, and other facial wrinkles, as well as subtly restoring volume to aging features. On average, Juvéderm lasts six to twelve months.
- Juvéderm VOLUMA®: A thicker, sturdier Juvéderm formula, VOLUMA is excellent for restoring volume to the cheeks. We can inject VOLUMA a little more deeply than other fillers to provide a subtle lift as well as improve the shape of the cheeks. VOLUMA lasts up to two years.
- Juvéderm VOLBELLA®: One of our favorite lip fillers, VOLBELLA provides a subtle volume boost while also spreading optimally to fill fine lip lines (a.k.a smoker’s lines). Results can last about a year.
- Juvéderm VOLLURE®: VOLLURE is typically used to treat similar concerns as Juvéderm® Ultra: moderate to severe nasolabial folds, parentheses, smile lines, etc. However it lasts up to 18 months, making it a great option for repeat filler clients to maintain their results with fewer appointments.
Restylane fillers are also made from hyaluronic acid, and have similar uses and effects as Juvéderm fillers. However, their formulas are unique and therefore some patients prefer the results they get from Restylane vs. Juvéderm, and vice-versa.
- Restylane®: Restylane instantly restores volume and fullness to reduce moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Results can last six months or longer.
- Restylane Lyft®: Restylane Lyft is especially useful for plumping the cheeks and rejuvenating the midface, as well as treating more severe lines and wrinkles for up to one year. Restylane Lyft is also FDA approved for non-surgical hand rejuvenation, helping to soften and smooth aging hands for up to six months or longer.
- Restylane Refyne & Defyne®: The newest Restylane options, Refyne and Defyne are slightly thicker than classic Restylane, so they typically last a little longer. They are also formulated to move naturally with your facial muscles, so that you look naturally youthful with any expression.
How to learn more about Dermal Fillers
Our goal at Artisan Plastic Surgery is to help you make confident decisions when it comes to rejuvenating your appearance. We’re Allergan Platinum Plus Providers—among the top 7% of providers for Juvéderm and other Allergan treatments nationwide—so you can be confident that you’re in experienced hands.
During a personal consultation, our team can help you understand what’s possible with dermal fillers or any other procedure you may be considering. To get started, call 404-851-1998 for our Atlanta Perimeter office, 770-622-2498 for our Johns Creek office, or simply fill out the contact form below.